Information We Collect & How We Use It
- We will never sell your personal data to any third party to make money.
- We will only contact you with your consent.
- We track your behavior only to give you the best possible user experience and optimize our website
- You can request the deletion or modification of your personal information stored at RocketMail at anytime
RocketMail – Data Protection Statement
Update: 2 April 2020
This data protection statement applies to the website at www.rocketmail.lu (“Website”) as operated by RocketMail Sàrl, 9 rue du Laboratoire L-1911 Luxembourg, Luxembourg (“Us”, “We” or “RocketMail”).
We take your privacy extremely seriously. We will not sell or lease your personal data. All data will be collected, stored and processed by us in accordance with the European Union Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/679, other statutory regulations and not passed on to any third party unless we are under a statutory obligation to do so, or unless necessary for the provision of our services, or unless you have expressly agreed to the passing on of your data.
The services offered by us via the website can function only if we collect, store, transfer, delete and/or otherwise use (« Process » or « Processing ») specific data relating to you. Personal data means all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (« Data« ) such as your name, email, company.
This data protection policy describes which Data we collect and the purpose of the Process when you use the service offered by RocketMail. This data protection statement also contains important information on the protection of your Data, especially the statutory rights related to your Data.
2. Which of your data do we Process?
Connection to Website
When you connect to the Website, we Process the following data (logfiles), even if you are just a visitor :
- the IP address of your device;
- the browser used by your device;
- the content and URLs you interact with;
- the date and time of your connections.
In the event of access via mobile devices, the following logfiles are also captured as part of your use of the Website:
- model and manufacturer of your mobile device;
- the operating system used by your mobile device (iOS, Android).
Without your express permission we will not use the personal data specified in this section, especially the IP address, unless such use is necessary (i) for the provision of our services and/or (ii) for security purposes, especially the prevention of cyber-attacks such as data scraps and denial of service attacks and for preventing impermissible multiple applications.
3. Purposes for which we Process your Data
Insofar as not already specified under 2, we will Process your Data for the following purposes.
3.1 Provision of our services
We will Process your Data for the following purposes:
- to provide the deliverability diagnosis;
- to give you more details about our offers by email;
- to be contacted only if you give us your consent;
- to verifying your email address;
- to send you our newsletter;
- to ask you about your user experience (survey);
- to be able to offer our services free of technical errors and be able to recognise and resolve any errors.
You can ask for a free deliverability diagnosis. We analyse the public available data related to the given email address. The result is saved in our system:
- to send you the diagnosis by email;
- to offer appropriate solution to enhance your deliverability;
- to make statistical reports to improve our solution.
3.2 Newsletter and other marketing emails
You can register for our newsletter and for other marketing emails (« Marketing Emails »). When you register, we will ask you for your permission to Process your email address for the purposes of sending you Marketing Emails containing the latest information on our services, special offers and marketing campaigns. You will receive Marketing Emails only if you have given permission.
Your permission also includes your agreement that we may personalise the content of Marketing Emails in accordance with your needs and interests based on:
- user profile that may have been created for you;
- analysis of your behaviour;
- use of permitted cookies.
Your permission for the sending of Marketing Emails can be withdrawn, by you, at any time with future effect. You can click « Unregister » at the end of the Marketing Email or send an email to customercare[at]rocketmail.lu. Withdrawal of permission will not affect the lawfulness of Processing carried out prior to withdrawal of permission.
4. Contract processing
RocketMail may appoint external service providers to provide specific services. These service providers will undertake data processing procedures on our behalf and at our instruction (contract processors). RocketMail will select contract processors carefully and in accordance with applicable data protection laws. It will also ensure that Processing is carried out in accordance with the provisions of any written contract and with statutory data processing regulations.
The procedures carried out on our behalf include:
- the provision of the technical infrastructure for the Website and the provision of server space;
- online and usage analysis;
- customer service and enquiry processing;
- trust in and security of the Website (e.g. prevention of fraud and harassment).
The contract processors appointed by us may under certain circumstances be granted access to your personal Data but solely for the purpose of the data processing requested. Contract processors are also contractually required to ensure that the level of their data protection is at least equivalent to that provided by us. All Data processed on our behalf remains under our control. We continually monitor compliance with our instructions, with guaranteed levels of data security and with contractual agreements formed with the data processor.
5. Disclosure of your Data to third parties
RocketMail may share your Data with third parties when transferring rights and obligations pertaining to the contractual relationship between you and RocketMail to such third parties, in particular in the case of the transfer of a sector of activity, a merger through the foundation of a new company, a merger through absorption, de-merger or any change in control affecting RocketMail. Prior to such event RocketMail will inform you separately about the details of sharing your Data and will obtain your consent where legally necessary.
In all other cases your Data will be passed on to third parties only where you have granted permission or have yourself given third parties access to your Data (not including third parties that we have commissioned as contract processors).
6.1 Required cookies
Cookies are small text files that our Website wants to place on your computer or other online devices such as tablets or smartphones. Provided your browser settings accept cookies, your browser adds the text in the form of a small file.
Unless stated otherwise elsewhere in this data protection statement, the cookies we use are necessary for the functionality and performance of our Website. Most cookies are deleted from your device after the end of your browser session (session cookies).
The information saved in the required cookies will be used by us solely to provide the services requested and to optimize the user experience.
6.2 Cookie consent
When you access our Website, we will ask for your consent to place additional cookies on your device by showing you a cookie banner and obtaining your permission. These cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning and performance of our Website, but they do help us
- to know how many visitors visit our Website and how they behave when they are here. This helps us to improve the functionality of our Website, e.g. by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for (analytic/performance cookies);
- to identify when you re-visit our Website. This helps us to personalise our content for you;
- to capture your visit to our Website and which pages you visit and which links you click on. We will use this information to optimize our Website. If you have given us your permission to send you Marketing Emails, we will also use this information to send you personalised Marketing Emails (targeting cookies).
Further information on cookie usage by RocketMail and on how you can decline to accept cookies or withdraw your consent can be found below.
6.3 Managing your cookie settings
You can configure your browser to decline some or all cookies or to ask for your permission before accepting them. If however you decline cookies, some of our services may have restricted functionality. For information on how to adjust or change your browser settings, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. If you use multiple devices to access our Website (e.g. smartphone, tablet, computer etc.) you must ensure that each browser is adapted to each device in accordance with your cookie preferences.
6.4 Use of third-party cookies
When you visit our Website, you may be targeted with cookies or web beacons from other providers for the purposes of gathering information. You can prevent storage of, and tracking by, such third-party cookies by adjusting your browser settings.
7. Right of amendment
As we are constantly developing our services, we reserve the right to change this data protection statement at any time subject to the applicable regulations. Any changes will be published promptly on this page. Regardless of the aforementioned, you should check this page regularly for any updates.
8. Duration of storage of your data
Unless stated otherwise on this data protection statement or provided for by statute, we will save:
- the personal Data specified under 2.1 for 26 months from the date of its collection;
- all other personal Data specified in this data protection statement for 14 days from the date of deletion request or for two years of none use of data.
We may store your personal Data longer than the above-mentioned periods to the extent that your personal Data is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, in particular statutory retention periods, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
9. Your statutory rights regarding your Data
Under statutory data protection provisions, you have the right at any time:
- to be informed of the Data we Process and to demand a copy of the data concerned (right to be informed). All the Data that you have actively provided for us on the Website can also be accessed by you at any time by requesting them at customercare[at]rocketmail.lu;
- to demand the correction of inaccurate Data and, subject to the nature of the Processing, the completion of incomplete Data (right to rectification). All the Data that you have actively provided us with on the Website can also be amended by you yourself at any time by requesting them at customercare[at]rocketmail.lu
- to request the deletion of your Data (right to deletion);
- to demand restriction of the processing of your Data, provided the statutory criteria are met (right to restrict processing);
- subject to the statutory criteria being met, to receive the Data you have provided in a structured, current and machine-readable form and to transfer this Data to another processor or, where technically feasible, to have it transferred by RocketMail (right to data portability);
- to be subject to decision-making not wholly reliant on automated Processing, unless the statutory conditions for such automated decision-making are met. RocketMail does not currently operate automated decision-making;
- right to object to the Process of your personal Data notably for direct marketing purposes.
You further have the right to withdraw at any time any permission you have provided as part of registering for or using our services. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of Processing carried out prior to withdrawal and based on the permission granted.
You can withdraw your permission for the sending of our newsletter by clicking « Unregister » at the end of the Marketing Email.Alternatively you can send an email to customercare [at] rocketmail.lu.
To exercise any of the rights specified in this section, you can contact RocketMail using the contact details below. Regardless of any other legal remedy, you also have the right at any time to submit a complaint to the supervisory authorities.
10. Our contact details
If you have any queries regarding the Processing of your data as part of your use of the website, or regarding your rights, please contact our data protection service at
9 rue du Laboratoire L-1911 Luxembourg, G.D Luxembourg
RocketMail data protection officer: customercare [at] rocketmail.lu